Ellensburg Film Festival
October 4 – 6, 2013
Various Ellensburg locations
Insider info: Now in its eighth year, the Ellensburg Film Festival was a hit last year with more than 2,000 in attendance and 53 films. Organizers say this year will only be better. Film genres vary greatly, as do the filmmakers. The festival receives hundreds of submissions and picks the best, from veterans to budding filmmakers. It gives awards at the end of the festival and offers several other features, such as workshops and Q&A time with directors.
A few tidbits on the festival:
- A film for just about every preference is shown.
- Some films, especially those made by locals, get crowded quickly, so it’s best to show up early.
- Many who attended last year said it was one of the best film festivals they’d been to in the Northwest.
- Some of last year’s submissions came from award-winning filmmakers, including “Favela Rising,” which won awards at the Tribeca International Film Festival and the New York Latino Film Festival.
- Tickets are available per show, or for a full pass to all the films.
- • Organizers post films showing and venues, along with a full schedule and filmmaker bios on the website.